Food for Thought..

You are constructing your own reality with the choices you make...or don't make. If you really want a healthy pregnancy and joyful birth, and you truly understand that you are the one in control, then you must examine what you have or haven't done so far to create the outcome you want.
-Kim Wildner-Mother's Intention: How Belief Shapes Birth

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Big Changes!

Hello World!

Recent events have sent me into a whirlwind. I've decided to heed the Call. I am going to be a Midwife! :D My papers are all drawn up, preceptor set up, all that I'm waiting is the last final push.. (No pun intended) I'm waiting to start till after the holidays so I won't be torn between anything. I've been a Doula for almost 4 years, but I've decided to "retire" I was meant to do more, the things I want to do.. I have to do. Midwifery.. Wow, its just such a full word.. I can't describe it.
I'll still be teaching Childbirth Education and Preparing Placenta's. Just no more "doula-ing" . (Unless you are a family/friend and would like me present for support as your friend with tricks;)

I'm SO excited to be on this new path.. I've needed this last month or so to reflect. I took a much needed break from everything and just enjoyed the moments with my babies, crafting with them and preparing for the Holidays and other events coming up. During this past month I've thought of how I want to go about doing everything. I'm in the end phases of officially closing my Doula practice, the website being closed down to jump start a new one, email changes, etc. I felt sad for only a moment, but it was fleeting, for I remembered a saying, "Don't be sad because it's over, be happy because it happened." And it brought me peace. I have always enjoyed new adventures, trying new things and going the distance. This is my new adventure. I feel so blessed my friends.. And am finally at a place where I can share it.

Blessings to you.

No comments: