Food for Thought..

You are constructing your own reality with the choices you make...or don't make. If you really want a healthy pregnancy and joyful birth, and you truly understand that you are the one in control, then you must examine what you have or haven't done so far to create the outcome you want.
-Kim Wildner-Mother's Intention: How Belief Shapes Birth

Friday, December 2, 2011

The Calling

Oh Readers, I apologize for how long and inconsistant I've been, but SO much has been going on that I honestly couldn't tell you where it started! But I will be getting better now that time is slowing down and I HAVE to blog for business:)
Well, I officially "retired" as a Birth Doula, as of October of this year. Due to a lot of miscellaneous things, I knew I needed to. But something wonderful emerged from this ending, I got the 'push' I needed, I applied for midwifery college about a month ago!!!! Oh goodness, I was thrilled and nervous! And as of two days ago! I received my acceptance letter to college!! :D I am officially a Midwifery Student!! I am to the moon and back happy. Not only will I be serving women through the childbearing time, but also their well being, women's health, holistic healing, fertility, health and newborns! Oh be still my happy heart! So that is my new journey, and I'll be blogging about that now, throughout my midwifery student journey and random postings.. :)
This is from Midwifery Today's manager, she has it at the beginning of the New student guide, for when we order all our packets, thought I'd share:)

"The decision to become a midwife is one of the most important you will ever make, right up there with getting married or having a baby. Becoming a midwife will affect your life that much, become your very identity. Becoming a midwife isn’t just choosing a profession, it is answering a calling that has chosen you and will be you.

Be careful how and what you learn. You must learn to guard your heart and mind. Birth is about women and their families and involves so much more than medical knowledge. Find a program that nurtures you the way you want to nurture women. Interview harder than a pregnant woman looking for a midwife. Use your powers of discernment. While there are many good programs and teachers, some programs are as harsh as medical doctor training. Find a program that suits you and your learning style.

Midwifery is about loving relationships and will stretch you beyond what you had thought possible, mentally, spiritually and physically. I extend you a warm welcome to the calling of midwifery. It is among the highest.

love, jan
Mother of Midwifery Today"

I have been called, my friends. It has whispered to me since I was a child, I just didn't know it. I am overjoyed to be so blessed, that I get to do what I love, and Lord willing, everything will workout if this is what I'm truly meant to do. Thank you for reading, and joining me on this journey.

Blessings all.

No comments: